Monday, October 13, 2008

Journey to "The Birthing Site"...(Today)

I had the opportunity to go with Grandpa Hawkins, Uncle Clark, Auntie Ann, Cousin Billy and Bella (The cute little black dog) to The Birthing Site....on the way there we stopped and got pictures of The Valley of the Gods (behind me in this pic...) Auntie Ann and I had a blast posing for pics along the way...Isn't she cute!?!?!!
Grandpa and Billy lead the way down into the very narrow "hall" between the rocks...
Uncle Clark and I both set our cameras up with the timer for this one...lol...so we both got the sides..."Read, Set, GO!!...."
" Following the leader...wherever he may go..."
...I was the "caboose..." ...I kept stopping to get pictures of the beauty around me....like the scenery behind me...




Auntie Ann and I love hangin' out!!...We're a silly pair!!...Ann caught me crawlin' out of hole in the rocks behind me......"Awe...." ta da...lol Auntie Ann is silly and fun!!...Uncle Indi'...?...j/k lol, Hi Uncle Clark!!...nice hat and shades!!
I See You!!.... HI Auntie Ann!!! :-DBella had fun taggin' along...She'd run up ahead then drop to the back again...HI "Bells..."...This was the first petroglyph that we saw...It was up high on the rock! (I stood on a rock and zoomed in on it...)...This one was slightly lower and to the left of it......and this one was in the corner between "The Birth" and the first two pics that we saw...It looks like there's a Spirit, flag and two other "people"...
Starting in the bottom left corner of this photo, there's what looks like a trail marked by little horse prints...According to what Grandpa was told, "when you see something like that, it represents the good on one side and the bad on the other..."...and in this photo, you can see a circle that has a tail behind it, that represents a star...the figure under the star (the big one that has two things stickin' out of the head) represents an unmarried woman, and she is having a baby...next to it on the left, you can see a Couple that looks like they're dancing...they represent a married couple...This is the only place on the earth, that we know of, where it shows this...and it is said to be "depicting the birth of Christ..."this set of petroglyphs is at the end of the star tail as you can see...These are between the "Birthing" petroglyphs and the ones in the corner... Lunch at the site...
Looking down at the petroglyphs from up on top of the cliff...I was laying on the edge...lol...scary...Can't see them clearly, but this is the wall with the Birthing Pannel on it...closer to the bottom.

No comments: