Monday, February 9, 2009

For the Sake of Truth and a bit of LOL-About Cars

On Friday (Feb 6th) the day started out a bit cold and with a dead car...which we decided, for a more positive look at the situation, was a good way to save gas! LOL...I must say, with the last 2 cars that I've had, there's been a good number of opportunities to save on gas...mostly just with my last one...(my Dodge)!!! ...Daniel says that the reason Our current vehicle is dead, is because it is a "Ford" (He's more of the Chevy type-and like to tease me about Fords!)...however, the fact that my Neon is a Dodge, is, in my opinion, the reason it is sitting in the field back home- since it left me sitting on the side of the Highway just one month after paying it off and only about 500 miles after putting on the brand new set of tires! (not to mention all the other different things I had to fix on/with it) LOL...In all honesty-and my friend who was with me at the time would agree-the whole time we were sitting on the side of the road (in the Neon), I was laughing about what had happened...mostly out of relief because that whole week I'd had a feeling that something was going to happen (it was not a comfortable feeling)...and after the Neon died, while driving down the Highway, that bad feeling was lifted and I felt a wave of relief come over me!

Yes, my family likes Ford, However, Hubby delights in making fun of Ford because he is a Chevy fan...which is as my dad says, "his only default," lol, other than that, "He's good"!!

(A bit of LoL)-Now, yesterday at church, before the meetings started, one of our friends ("Whom I wont name, but his initials are Joe C") came up to us and looking at me said, "so, you know, Ford stands for Found On Road Dead!..." to which he and Daniel had a good laugh...as I rolled my eyes and told him that "being a Ford has Nothing to do with it..." after turning my head he made another wise crack about Fords....So, as he came back by us later on, I told him that "I Forgive him for his sins." (bad Comments about Ford)...To which he denied any sin by declaring, "I haven't sinned because I don't own a Ford, but if I were to own a Ford, then yes, that would be a sin!"

-To those of you who maybe reading this from back home, wouldn't you say that our friend here sounds a bit like Chevy Man John! ;-) LOL...and we all know that he was humbled...And eventually ended up converting to the right way, by getting a Ford!... :-D heehee ;-) LoL!!

Now, for the record, I don't necessarily dislike all Chevy's, for instance, I do like the look of the Chevy Corvettes, the Impala and Malibu's are nice too, but given the choice between these three and a '69 Ford Mustang, 1931 Model A and Explorer, ...I'd definitely go for FORD!!... ;-)
Ps. the ONLY reason that my car (and I can say that it is mine, since Daniel doesn't want to claim ownership of a Ford) is "dead" is because it has a bad battery and/or cables...but what can I say, it's an old battery...it happens to the best of them! ;-) All sorts of cars get dead Batteries...not just "Fords!"

...But just so that you know that I don't "just only like Ford," The Saturn Sky Redline (really nice!), 2009 Vue Redline and 2009 Outlook XE FWD aren't too bad either!! ;-) ...and I loved my '89 Buick Century...I never had any problems with it...other than 2 different times when people ran in to it...while it was parked! lol aside from that, it ran smooth, got good gas mileage, and had comfortable seating!!

...Daniel & I's Future Date Night Car...
This is the Car that Daniel told me that he wants to get me someday...
My Dad told Daniel that "He'll race him when he gets his Mustang..."

Heehee...We'll see about that...

1 comment:

Krista said...

Varoom!