Monday, February 9, 2009

Friday, Feb 6th- A Day Filled with Fun Memories!

Since our car battery was dead (see "For the Sake of Truth and a bit of LoL" in my Journey Blog) I made up a little "Daniel & Mrs. Vess" (Dr. Seuss style) explanation on my Facebook status which read, "Without a car today we be, for a dead car battery have we!"
Krista was on facebook when I posted it, and sent me a message stating that it'd be a long walk to her house and it's cold outside!...lol...I replied that "it's a good thing I have a warm coat and toesocks then..." Lol She's so fun to tease with and talk too!!!
Anyway, She invited me over to hangout and visit-she came and picked me up in her chidi...
I had a good time! We talked about all sorts of stuff-including the fact that we are related through Governor William Bradford!!-How cool is that!!!..."pretty darn cool if ya ask me!" heehee
We also had some yummy snacks-Cinnamon Twisty things with chocolate on top, and pb & j's!...(I like pb &j's...not only are they yummy, but they also come with fun memories!) We played a little Wii and then went and picked up the kids from school.

Daniel was home from school already when I got home-which was unusual since he usually gets home later than 4:30 (and I was home before 4!)...but that was okay with me because that meant more time with him!! heehee :-)
Krista offered to pick us up for the Priesthood/Relief Society Social/Dance that evening around 6:30 which was nice and appreciated since our car was dead and it was cold...We stopped back by Krista's to pick up her hubby and while we were there, Savannah asked Krista if Daniel and I were going to babysit them (her and the other kids)...when Krista told her that we weren't and explained to her that we were going on a double-date, Savannah wasn't happy because she wanted us to babysit...lol, kids are cute!

When we got to the Dance/Social, We went and got a bite to eat, then when the music came on, it was like the youth dances because most of the girls were out on the dance floor havin' a good time while most of the guys were being wall weeds...IT WAS A BLAST!!!!
AND, ...I GOT DANIEL OUT ON THE DANCE FLOOR!!!...(somethin' of an accomplishment according to his sisters-since he doesn't like to dance) :-) heehee...but I reeled him in!! :-D
...Really, I did...lol I was out on the dance floor havin' a good time with the other ladies (Scottie, Krista, Glady, Heidi, Tamille and a few other sisters that I have to apologize-I don't remember their names...but I will learn them!) While we were dancin', we decided to do the "Circle thing" where someone does a dance move in the middle as they trade sides...and after that, I turned towards Daniel (he was watching from the other side of the room) and I stood and acted like I was "throwing a fishing line out and reeling him in"...When he didn't "take the bait," I marched/danced toward him with a pointed finger and the look that says, "I'm gonna getcha!" heehee It was great!...I finally got my turn to embarrass him!! heehee lol He looks cute "in red!" ...
Daniel did ask me to dance a few times (for the slow dances)...and every other time that we danced, he had me stand on his toes...kiinda like dancin' with Daddy Bear when I was a kid, only Daniel says it was so that he wouldn't step on my toes! Lol, one time I asked him to dance a slow dance with me and when he said he didn't want to, I said, "ok," and went out on the dance floor, held my arms up as if I were dancing with someone, and Krista said, "He's not that tall Lacey," and by that time, Daniel was by my side taking my arms in his to dance with me and replied, "It's her dream date!"...We all had a good laugh! Daniel is such a good sport and an amazing man! I am Blessed!! :-D

~Thank you all who put the Social/Dance together, it was a BLAST!! and Thank you Krista & Joe for givin' us a ride...and especially for your friendship!

We live in a beautiful place full of wonderful people!! Keep Smilin'!! Life's Gr8!!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Okay, so the last time I read this, I didn't have/take the time to comment, but now I am: COMMENT!! That was a blast! ans the kids do love you. Come on over (most) any time!

Heidi said...

It was so fun that night. I think it was because I wasn't expecting much so it was that much better! I hope we do it again soon.

Lacey Lu said...

Thanks for commenting Heidi, I too hope they do it again!!
...and thanks for the "COMMENT" Krista! lol...nice...you're startin' to catch on to me or is it that I'm startin' to "rub off" on ya?...either way, that could be scary...Because we all know how crazy I can be!! LOL ;-)
Ya'll Keep Smilin'!! Life's Gr8!!
You're BOTH Awesome!!