Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Break 2008..

Daniel and I left on the 24th, shortly after he got home and headed to Georgia to spend Christmas with his brother and his family...The 10 hour drive wasn't that bad...definitely not very long compared to the drive out here lol!! The last 4 hours of the drive was Very rainy...it was nice when we got to Atlanta (other than the fact that it was only about an hour from our destination)..the rain was so heavy that there wasn't as much traffic on the road! :-) We rolled into town around 1 am or so and after we got settled in, we visited with Becky & Ben for a little while then hit the sack.
Christmas morning Daniel and I woke up around six and went back to sleep since no one else was up yet...No one got up til around 8am!!...heck yeah for sleepin' in!! :-D We had a wonderful day and spent it inside for the most part...playin' video games etc...Actually most of the weekend was spent inside playin' video games and visiting!...On the 27th Daniel and I played video games with the kids for awhile before we headed out to visit/meet some of his friends there...Our first stop was at his friends' Kevin & Jessica's house where we visited and went shooting...Lol, when we were out pickin' what guns we wanted to shoot, Kevin asked me what I'd like to shoot and when I told him that "I was plannin' on shootin' my 6.1 Mega Pix with a 10 Optical Zoom," Jessica asked what kinda gun that was and the guy behind her told her it was a camera...We all had a good laugh!!Although I really didn't feel like shootin' the guns (mostly just enjoyed hangin' out/takin' pics) I did shoot Daniels 10 Gage a few times!!...Then continued takin' pics and watchin' the sunset...

On the 28th, we visited/went to church with the ward that Daniel went to while he was living there. On the way to Relief Society, Daniel introduced me to another one of his friends' who had just been called to be the R.S. President. She was a really nice gal-her and her husband are from UT-and when I told her what part of UT I was from, she said that her brother-in-law (or sister-in-law can't remember which she said) is a Mellor from that area and from the description of the family, it sounded like one of my friends'!!! AND then the lady sittin' just a couple seats away from me in R.S. said that she had some friends from Blanding that are related to the Browns and that they had lived in GA for awhile until they moved back to UT!!..It's a small world for sure!!
After Church, Daniel and I went back to Leo & Becky's to change out of our Sunday clothes and made a couple of stops on our way out of town (to visit/meet a few more people)

Oddly, the drive home seemed longer than the drive there, but it wasn't that bad of a drive and the weather was much nicer goin' home. All-in-all, we had a wonderful Christmas Break!!

No comments: