Sunday, January 25, 2009

Daniel got his new Orders!!!

As the story goes...
When the day came to "pick Orders," Daniel called to let me know what "choices there were," ...Rhode Island, Florida, North Carolina, Washington State, Wash. DC, Norfolk or Portsmouth VA. ...He knew that from the beginning, I've wanted to Stay Here, but wanted to let me know what other "options" there were...
By the time it was Daniel's turn to put in his Request as to where He would like, (since everyone else had chose to stay "Stateside,") The only options were: Guam, Okinawa, Japan, Italy or Portsmouth 8404 ("Greenside" a.k.a Marine)...So, given the fact that if he were to go Overseas, I'd have to stay Here in the States until he reached the Rank of an E4 or Higher, and because he knew how bad I wanted to Stay Here, he requested Portsmouth...
We then had to wait until the next week to see what the final Orders received would be...
~I, along with some friends/family, had been hopin' and prayin' that we could stay Here~
AND...We got what we had Asked for!! ("Ask and ye shall receive...")

So, it is with great joy and happiness (and gratitude in my heart), I announce that we will be staying Here in Portsmouth for the next 3-5 years!!! :-D

For those who may be reading this and who don't already know, Daniel has been in Pharmacy Tech. School out Here with the Navy, and since he will be going "Greenside," He will be going to a Marine Training School for a couple of months sometime this year (waiting for the "Paper copy" of his Orders-they will say when) and he will be Serving as a Corpsman (Medic) for the Marines.
This means that he will be working at the Hospital on Base, and when the Marine group that he is placed with gets Deployed, He will go with them. In some ways, this is a blessing, because we will know ahead of time as to when he will be Deployed, because they have a Scheduled Deployment that they go by.
So, when he does get deployed, he'll be gone anywhere from 6-18 months at a time. But but law, they have to allow them to come back home for a time, to re coop, etc before heading out again.

I am so grateful to have the blessings of the Gospel in my life!

I've heard people say, regarding the times of Separation, "that's gotta be hard," or "I don't know how you do it,"...Honestly, all I have to say to these types of comments are that I know that Heavenly Father is with Us, watching over and protecting Us, we have invited Him into our lives, and No Matter How long we are a part, for whatever the reason, the Time that we will have together will Always be longer!...
Because Heavenly Father has a beautiful Plan, He knows what's best for us and has provided a way for us (Families) to be Together Forever if we live righteously and do our part through obedience to his commandments, then we can be together for Eternity!

I Know This is True, and I Believe it with ALL my heart!! I am not worried about what the future may hold, only that I will do my best to do my part of His will so that we can and will be together forever!

Thank you for your love and support!
Keep Smilin'!! Life's Gr8!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so happy for you guys!!! What a major relief!

Krista said...

yyyyyaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!