Monday, January 19, 2009

Dedicated to The One I Love...

We've been Married for 4 months now and are still Loving Life! ;-)
Daniel never ceases to amaze me...He takes such good care of me and treats me like a Queen...I am SO Blessed to have him in my life!
Since this is Our 4 Month Anniversary, I wanted to express my love and appreciation by writing a poem for My Hubby...Dedicated to The One I Love is Our Story...it's as we like to call it, A Real-Life Fairy Tale:

You first came into my life on October 12th, 2004
when your sister Janett introduced us,
I remember it as if it were just yesterday...
...They asked you to say the closing prayer that night at Institute...
you asked if you could say it in Portuguese
since you'd just gotten home from serving your Mission in Campinas, Brazil
and it was much easier for you than English...
After the prayer, I remember thinkin' that it was a beautiful prayer
and thought that you seemed like a pretty great guy...
...Then one of my best friends introduced me to you,
"Daniel, this is my friend Lacey," Janett said, "Lacey, this is my brother Daniel!"
She was so happy to be around you and proud of you...I could see how much she loved you!
...And when we shook hands, a feeling shot through me...
and I knew that we would someday be together...
But it wasn't until around the year 2007 that
that feeling came back to me...
...At that time, I was trying to figure out what Heavenly Father had in His Plan for me...
...as I continued to pray for help and guidance in choosing Who I should be with,
clouded memories, shadowed feelings and forgotten thoughts started resurfacing...
...Mixed emotions and feelings flooded my heart as memories flew at me from both sides-
filling my mind with explainations and reasons why things went the way they did...
and then, out of the blue, it hit me...
Heavenly Father had answered so many of my prayers in so many ways...
some were unexpected, some were unexplainable,
but they all began to make sense...
Surely, Heavenly Father knows what he is doing!...
I can look back now, and see His hand in it from the beginning...
lessons were learned, feelings turned and emotions burned,
but He was there the whole time...
Watching over us...and in His own time and way,
he brought us to that Beautiful day...
But as we are human, we saw things as we were-
You were in Georgia and I was in Utah...
friends from the beginning,
we kept in touch through the years,
and when you came to Blanding to visit,
You're family always invited me...
That once or twice a year when you came to visit,
was something I always looked forward too!...
We'd hang out and go on an occational date...
Then in December 2007, when you came,
you put your arm around me...
while we were watching a movie at my parents...
wow! I was excited and amazed!
(Since Mom was on one side of the room, and Dad on the other!)
Soon, we were holding hands...I was shocked and happy!
...when you left, without asking me to be your girlfriend,
I figured it wouldn't be long, so I continued waiting...
Febuary 2008 came so fast-
we got to see eachother for an hour in St. Louis,
enough time for us to take a short drive, pick up something to eat and head back...
again, still just as friends,
So, I waited...
That weekend, when I got back to Blanding from my business trip,
you were there!
You came on the 28th and asked me to be your girlfriend on the 29th!
"Finally," they all said, when we told our families and friends...
...We got to see eachother for 3 more days...
then on the 4th day, I got off work just in time to catch a quick goodbye hug...
and you were off...
You were supossed to report to Basic Training in Great Lakes, IL
on March 10th, so you had to head out to get ready...
When you got there they told you that you'd have to hold off for 3 more weeks...
so in Georgia you stayed and I in Utah...
On the phone most of the day-when I got off work...
we'd talk for hours or text off and on...
On April 1st, You went in to Basic Training,
-no pun intended...!
And those 2 weeks without any comunication...
they were sooo long...
then, I got my first letter from you!!
...I did quite the jig when I got it...my family thought I'd lost!...
So, for the next couple of months, we continued writting...
On the 22nd of May, my parents and I flew into Chicago and headed to Great Lakes...
I was so excited and ancheous to see you again,
I thought I was going to burst!!
On the 23rd we went to your Graduation,
and it was awesome!...
...When the voice on the inner com said that we could now come find our Sailors,
I took off so fast that mom and I lost dad for a minute...
and the longer it took for me to find you, the more ancheous I got!...
It was that evening, May 23rd, that you Proposed to me...
I'll never forget that day!
We were cuddled up watchin' a movie,
when you said somethin' about after we were married...
then as if you were thinkin' out loud,
you said, "I guess I should ask you formally..."
...I decided to play innocent by responding, "ask me what....?"
"Will you marry me?"
You looked so cute....
"Of Course! ...I mean, YES! I Will Marry You!" I answered...
For the last hour of that day together,
before we dropped you off on Base,
we told my parents...as if they didn't already know!!
And then, in the Mustang, we cuddled up and visited...
The next day we picked out my ring...
then while we were at the Mall,
we got it resized while we went to the movie...
passing through the Hall of Mirrors,
we stopped and got Our "Eternal Perspective" Picture!
That evening when we dropped you off on Base,
that last warm embrace, tender kiss and sweet sad look in your eyes,
I knew you loved me...and you missed me already...As those were the same feelings I felt!
...We continued writing and texting too...
since at your Advanced Training School,
you were able to have your phone with you...
It was SOOO nice to have communication again!!
...The Months went by slowly, but before we knew it,
Our Day had come...
We were so excited to see each other again...
it was the first time we saw each other since May 24th,
and would be the last time we saw each other as an "engaged couple"
because it was September 20th!....and we were on Our way to The Temple
in Monticello to be Sealed for Time and Eternity!!
...It was a beautiful day full of wonderful memories!...
From sleepin' in, to rushing to make it on time...
which we did...
but the person who was supossed to meet us,
to help us get our marriage license, never showed up...
Brother Johnson from Blanding came to our rescue though...
and we made it to the Temple...only 50 minutes behind schedule...
We all had a good laugh...
Matt and Raina made a wonderful meal for the Family Luncheon
at which a number of other wonderful people helped out...
The Reception was long, but well worth it!
We didn't get to sit once that evening...
but all the many wonderful smiles,
family and friends came to share their love and support...
We cut the cake and creamed each other...
then we had the Father/Daughter Dance...
afterwhich You and I danced to Our song
"From Here To Eternity" by Michael Peterson...
I threw the boque and you threw the garder...
Then you threw me over your shoulder and out the door we went!!!
I Love You Honey! Thank you for All You Do!!
SFS!

4 comments:

The Blacks said...

I remember that prayer! Isent it funny how love blossoms at institue?

Heidi said...

Holy cow, that's quite a poem! Congrats on your 4 months (Sean and I called months 'Lunaversaries'). The trick is to remember these blissful times keep them alive and try HARD not to take each other for granted.

Lacey Lu said...

Thank you both for your comments and ideas!!

Emily said...

It's so cute to hear your story. How romantic. Great poem sweetie. :-) Love you.