Monday, November 10, 2008

Journey through Art- A Portrait of "Papaw"

I started this portrait of my "Papaw" (my Great Grandfather) last night and just finished it this morning! I love to draw! Portraits aren't always my favorite things to do, but I like to try them out every once in awhile. After finishing this portrait, I decided that when I do portraits, they usually look half photo/half cartoon or animated. My art teacher always got a kick out of watching me when I was working on a picture because I always try to keep my pictures looking "clean"(even while I'm still working on them)! Now, being a "lefty," I always ended up with smudges everywhere, but that's when the "cleaning" takes place...lol...I'd work for a bit on the picture, take a brake to "clean-up" the smudges, then back to work I would go.

1 comment:

DaChief said...

good job lace, I wish I had your talent for drawing, especially portraits