Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nov.7th & 9th, 2008

Nov. 7th -Bell & Daniel playin' cards (We were playing Skip-bo)...

Nov. 9th-
Church was great again!!...Always is!! It was the Primary Program...they did a SUPER job! I told Daniel that I love listening to kids sing...and everything else they do for that matter-other than temper tantrums that is, lol. ;-)
We saw the missionaries again, they came over and shook our hands...they are a fun set of missionaries...good personalities, One is from Idaho-He's been out for 5 months now, the other is from Nevada and has been out for over a year.
In Relief Society I got to sit by Sister Fly (Bishop's Wife), and sitting to the left of her was Bishops Sister Rhonda and their sweet mom Minnie!...We Sister Fly, Rhonda & I had a fun visit after the meeting, and when Minnie was done visiting with the other sisters, she shared her warm smile and greeting with me again!
I stopped to tell Scottie what a good job she did on the lesson and exchanged hugs...she's a cute/sweet sister too! Then Patti came and exchange greetings/hugs too!
When we got in the car to come home, Daniel told me that he has the lesson next sunday in Priesthood meeting!...I asured him that he'll do a good job because he's such an awesome guy! ;-)
...I Love It Here!! -We both do!! We both love the ward too!! :-)

When we got home, he ironed his Uniforms while I started drawing a portrait of my Papaw (it's posted as "Journey Through Art- A Portrait of 'Papaw'."

There was a beautiful sunset that evening!...They always are (for more, see Our post, "Sunsets from our 5th floor Balcony")...but they still cannot compare to the beautiful sunsets painted on the red rock cliffs or across the Blue Mtns back home! ;-)

I decided to take a break form the drawing for a bit and made some chocolate chip cookies!...THEY WERE YUMMY!!!

Just as I I finnished baking them, our friend Bell showed up, so we played cards...Rummy at first, then I showed them how to play Egyptian Rat Killer!! -They'd both played it before, but had forgotten until I showed them how to play...now it's played almost as much as Rummy! ;-)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I LOVE Egyptian Rat Screw!! I thought I was the only one who knew how to play. Good times. . .