Monday, November 17, 2008

Nov. 14th & 15th

Daniel is so sweet! Friday (th 14th) after we dropped the missionaries off at their place, he told me that he wanted "to treat me," so we went to IHOP for dinner!! After dinner we came home and watched "P.S. I Love You." We had a good evening!-Oh, and our visit with the missionaries was fun, the person we had invited over to meet with them didn't come though...but that's ok. We invited him as well as some other people over for this coming friday, because we're going to have "Family Home Evening" friday and let the missionaries do a quick lesson then we're gonna play some games...hopefully this time they'll come...(our friends that are investigators) Anywho, I'll letcha know how that goes in that blog. ;-)

Nov. 15th-
When we first woke up, it was raining so much that there was hardly any cars on the road, but it wasn't really that cold...It's different out here, because when it rains alot or snows even just an inch (if even that), they shut everything down!..Definately not like back home lol!! But I/We Love it here! ...
We went shopping in the afternoon, at a couple different places, got some gas (filled the tank up completely for only $1.87 a gal.!!!) Then we came home and I started to mix up dough for rolls, a loaf of bread and some stromboli (Grandma Posey's Recipe!) While the dough was rising, the first time, I baked Cheesecake Bluberry Muffin Cake (got it in the oven anyway) and made some BBQ Chicken on our George Foreman Grill for lunch with a side of spinich!
Just as we finished making/eating lunch, the muffin cake finished baking, so I took it out to cool. It was then time to punch the dough down to let it rise for the second time, so I did that, and Daniel came in and wanted to help...we then decided to go for a walk while the dough was rising that time...We had a nice walk, the rain had stopped and didn't start up again til after we had made it back home. (It had bounched back and forth between nice/rainy and nice/sunny all day!...It was 73 degrees outside!! I LOVED IT!! :-D
Upon arriving back at home, I went to work in the kitchen again, getting ready to put some dough in the bread pan and some dough on the cookie sheet for rolls...Daniel can in and started helping me, It was fun workin in the kitchen together!!!
While we waited for the bread and rolls, we watched the sunset...
When the rolls and loaf of Bread were done, I put the Stromboli in the oven...Daniel had NEVER even heard of strombli!! ..He said he liked it!! :-) Here's a pic of the rolls and loaf of bread (minus the few rolls that we'd already eaten)...THANK YOU GRANNY FOR THE COOK BOOK!!! I Love it!!...and so does Daniel!! ;-)

2 comments:

Becks said...

You look so happy! I'm so glad life is treating you so good. Blanding is grat, as always, but Ann has not ordered cinnamon bears for awhile! It's great to stay in touch via the blog. Keep the posts coming!

Krista said...

You've got it good! Great blog!