Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving in Vienna, VA 2008

My Grandpa Hawkins' Cousin Sharma & her husband Lamar invited us for Thanksgiving with some of their family and a friend...They're all really neat people!...We had a wonderful day!..and a lot of good food!! ;-D

That evening after everyone else left, Sharma took Daniel & I on a tour of Washington DC to see all the different monuments light up...it was really cool!!
Of course this Tree wasn't one of the monuments, but I thought it looked pretty with the light shining on it...
Daniel caught me with a mouth full...lol...what's new right? :-) Turkey sandwhiches...yummy!
...So I got him back ;p heehee...
These are the 3 cuties that entertained us for the day...
...In Good Company for sure!!...
Saturday, Nov. 29th, we went over to the Visitors Center, by the Washington D.C. Temple, where we watched the Joseph Smith movie and met a Sister Missionary who is from Mesa, AZ and went to the same High School that Daniel went to, and graduated 1 year after Daniel!...lol 'Tis a small world!
...After the movie, we walked around the outside of the Temple and went to the Distribution Center...as we walked into the Distribution Center, we ran into Sharma's daughter-in-law and our other new friend that we met on Thanksgiving who is originally from Kayenta,UT!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving break!

Thank you Lamar & Sharma for sharing your home & family with us!

1 comment:

Krista said...

That's a great weekend. The temple is such a beautiful sight. Its nice to have family in all sorts of places. You are blessed!

(and I'm up way too late! we all miss Joe: kids are in my bed, I can't sleep (yet). maybe I can get stuff done around here till I crash) ;)